Turtle Bay: New Menu Review

Bit of a different post today.. I was fortunate enough to be able to go and review the new menu in Turtle Bay with my boyfriend (Dom). Fair...

Bit of a different post today..
I was fortunate enough to be able to go and review the new menu in Turtle Bay with my boyfriend (Dom). Fair to say after dinner we were both in a huge food coma. Very well fed, that is for certain. When i told Dom we were going to Turtle Bay, i have to say we were both nervous about the spice as i feel whenever anyone says anything about it they always finish their sentence with the dreaded words 'quite spicy'. Neither Dom or myself do spice.. AT ALL hahahah. We made it though without any tears and just a few sniffly noses.



So we started off with some drinks.. I got a Passion fruit cooler which was a mix of lots of fruit juices and it was yummmmyyyy. Dom had a peanut butter and banana smoothie and my goodness, it was one of the best.

For a starter we decided to order the Garlic & Herb Flatbread and Duck rolls to share. Unfortunately, we didn't realise until the next day but we never got the Duck hahahaah. We got a vegetarian dish that had chickpeas, but no complaints as it was delicious.

Mains- Dom had the Jerk Half Chicken which came with Sweet potato fries, Rice and Coleslaw & I had the Baby Ribs with Sweet potato fries and Coleslaw. We both opted for the 'Classic' glaze on the meat, deliiiissshhhhhhh.
Everywhere we go we have SPF, we definitely have had our fair share of portions from different place. I can confirm that these were one of the best. LOVED THEM.


Dom tried to act like he didn't want any dessert.. BUT of course it came and he had half.. We ordered 'Passion pie' which included passion fruit (obviously), meringue and a sweet pastry.

The only downfall to it was that if you wanted to go in to have a quick dinner and be out, I don't think that would be the case. We only realised after our starter that we had already been there an hour. It wasn't a problem though as it was nice to just chill and enjoy the food and not feel rushed to get out.. So in that respect, it has it's pros and cons depending on what you fancy.

Overall, i would 100000% go back for food again. It was so yummy and had such a great atmosphere. I would definitely recommend going onto their website and finding you closest restaurant. Thank you sooooo much Maya for organising this trip to the restaurant, it was awesome.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I have a Turtle Bay near me and have already heard so many good things about it. The food looks amazing x

    www.owlsinthesummer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg this sounds and looks amazing! There's a Turtle Bay right by my uni and it is so aesthetically pleasing. I don't do spice either haha, but I deffo wanna try it sometime! Glad I came across your blog and YouTube, really loving it esp the Uni vids! Xx
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete